POSITION REQUIREMENTS & COMPETENCIES:
- High School diploma or GED with a minimum 1-2 years working as a Pharmacy Technician (inbound/outbound call center experience preferred).
- Must maintain in good standing registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the state
- Maintain all required continuing education for licensure and certification
- Prefer basic understanding of diabetes, diabetic care, diabetic medications, glucometer management, finger stick blood sugar testing, insulin administration and be able to recognize and act upon symptoms of hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia as indicated per State regulations.
- Will be required complete AADE training for a paraprofessional level II and complete ongoing training as directed by supervisor
- Ability to engage patients in meaningful conversation
- Must have the ability to remain calm under stressful situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Must have compassion for and desire to work patients. Must have basic computer skills or willing to learn computer skills needed for e-MAR system.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work responsibly as a team member as well as an individual.
- Must be honest, fair, ethical, dependable, respect confidentiality and the rights and privacy of others and local, state and federal laws.
- Must practice and promote Policies and Procedures, Mission Statement, Values and Goals.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Must be flexible regarding work schedule. All positions require evening and weekend availability.
- Strong multi-tasking skills and attention to detail
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled